General Teaching Council
Registration with the GTC is a requirement for all qualified teachers teaching in maintained schools, non –maintained special schools and Pupil referral Units. From the web site the form can be down loaded along with a form to claim tax relief for the fee via:
Registration ® Register with the GTC ® Useful Forms ® ‘Application form to register with the GTC’® ‘Form to apply for Tax relief on GTC’
(Completed tax relief form should be sent to: – Inland Revenue, Staffordshire Area, Blackburn House, Old Hall Street, Hanley, Stoke on Trent, ST13BS)

Training and Development Agency for Schools


Criminal Records Bureau Tel: 08709 090822

Inland Revenue Tel: 0845 3021451

Returners Courses website

Department for Children, Schools and Families


Times Educational Supplement

Returning to teaching

Returners Courses website

Returners courses via the TTA

Websites for Materials:

Websites of unions

National Union of Teachers

NAS/UWT Tel: 0121 79306441

ATL Tel: 0207 9306441

Continuing Professional development

Main site:

Details of teacher’s courses provided by local Education Authorities: – – Staffordshire – Derbyshire – Derby – Derby
PrimarySite is the UK’s leading provider of primary school websites. We specialise in websites which are beautifully designed and extremely easy to update.

Childcare Vouchers