Blackboard Recruitment has been recognised for excellence with the following accreditations:
The REC Education Division Code of Practice.
As a member of the industry body for recruitment agencies, the Recruitment and Employment Confederations Education division Code of Practice provides safeguards for schools and for teachers and helps ensure that agencies work to consistent standards.
Measures that need to be undertaken to ensure safe recruitment include: –
- Verify a candidate’s identity, preferably from current photographic ID and proof of address except where, for exceptional reasons, none is available.
- Obtain a certificate for an enhanced DBS check with a barred list check where the person will be engaging in regulated activity.
- Obtain a separate barred list check if an individual will start work in regulated activity before the DBS certificate is available.
- Ensure that a potential candidate is not on a prohibited list. Such checks are undertaken via a system called the Employer Access Online Service.
- Verify the person’s right to work in the UK. If there is uncertainty about whether an individual needs permission to work in the UK, then prospective employers, or volunteer managers, should follow advice on the GOV.UK website.
- Verify professional qualifications, as appropriate.
- If the person has lived or worked outside the UK, make any further checks the school or college consider appropriate.